In 2019, there was a reported $2.1 billion in insured losses caused by winter storms*. What will this winter bring and are you prepared to handle it? Early snowfall has already led to many property damage claims and there will be more. Trust 1800Adjusters™ with your winter storm property damage claim.
Snow and Ice Damage
Winter conditions cause septic system freeze up, roof damage, frozen pipes, down wires and fallen trees. If damage occurs to your property, here are the steps you want to take.
- Move your family to a safe place. Call 911 if there are wires down.
- Turn off the water service to your business or home.
- Document the damage with detailed lists and photos.
Call 1800Adjusters™ before filing a claim or hiring any contractors. Our team of professionals manages the entire claim to relieve stress from your back. With us on your side, you know that all of the documentation will be complete and you will get what you deserve. All of your loss is audited accurately, ensuring nothing gets left out. We find the losses that you would have overlooked. Once that’s complete, our team goes to work representing your needs to get you the highest settlement possible.
Prevent Snow and Ice Damage
Thankfully, there are some simple steps you can take to avoid winter storm damage to your home and business. Consider these options.
- Drain outside water systems.
- Trim the trees near your home.
- Ensure your roof is in good condition.
- Insulate your home to keep your roof cold and prevent the heat from rising.
- Vent warm air away from the roof to keep it cold.
- Insulate the walls near the top where it meets the roof to prevent ice dams.
- Remove snow from the roof immediately.
- Clean out your gutters to prevent ice dams.
Even with your best efforts, your property can still suffer from winter storm damage. Contact 1800Adjusters™ if you need to file an insurance claim.