After an unfortunate incident of damage to your home by a windstorm or fire, an insurance adjuster will be tasked with evaluating the damage. Typically, the home insurance company that covers you will send its adjuster. However, you can also get a public insurance adjuster who will evaluate the loss of property and assist you in filing insurance claims.
Of course, a public insurance adjuster will not come for free. You will have to pay a fee for the services, but you will save a lot of money since they ensure you get paid the whole amount based on your insurance cover.
Who Is A Public Insurance Adjuster?
These are licensed professionals who assist policyholders. Policyholders can be individuals or businesses that hire public insurance adjusters to assist them in filing a claim. You can also hire one if you are unsatisfied with the amount offered by your home insurance company.
Public adjusters can assist in filing and negotiating various claims. The claims include fire, flood, hurricane damage, and wind. You can also get a public adjuster if you incur losses in your business due to property damage.
When Do You Need A Public Insurance Adjuster?
Your home insurance company will come armed with experts following unanticipated damage to your property. As much as the damage can turn your life upside down, you have an obligation and rights: to hire a public adjuster. Below are some of the scenarios best suited to hiring a public adjuster:
- When you have a large claim or the claim has many complicated factors – It will be helpful to get a public adjuster in such a case because the insurance company will have a team that adjusts the claim on their behalf and not yours.
- If you do not fully grasp the depth of your insurance cover or the language of your home insurance policy.
- When you have limited time to deal with the process of claiming compensation.
- Whenever you feel your claim isn’t adequately evaluated, or the insurance company is not responding on time.
Why You Need a Public Insurance Adjuster
Typically, an insurance company will try to minimize the compensation they are willing to offer. As a result, you might have to foot some of the expenses from your pocket. That is why a public adjuster will come in handy. Besides filing and handling your claim, the adjuster will:
- Work on your behalf, unlike the adjuster working for the insurance company.
- Assist you in maximizing the settlement you are going to receive.
- Make fewer mistakes when filing the claim since they are not emotionally attached, unlike you.
- Come with a ton of experience in dealing with insurance claims.
- Work on a contingency basis, meaning they get paid after receiving the compensation.
Get Help Filing Your Insurance Claim
Are you seeking a public insurance adjuster? At 1800Adjusters, we can assist you as a homeowner or business get the compensation you deserve. We understand the compulsion of filing an insurance claim and want to remove that from you. So contact us today, and let’s get you the compensation you deserve.